Elizabeth City, NC – Since its launch in mid-2013, the Chevrolet Silverado has been impressing Elizabeth City residents and the critics alike. So much so, that fans and critics alike have given the 2014 Silverado more awards than any other pickup truck in the industry.
Both light- and heavy-duty models have taken no less than 14 awards for 2014, including the prestigious North American Truck of the Year Award presented by the North American International Auto Show.
More importantly – and possibly even more impressive – is the amount of awards that were awarded to Silverado as a direct result of the interest and admiration of potential Elizabeth City buyers. These include the Edmunds.com Most Popular Vehicle award, which is given to the vehicle in each segment whose research pages are visited the most by Edmunds.com visitors.
Probably most impactful to Performance Chevrolet’s customers, and their wallets, is the various awards given to the Silverado for its low cost of ownership. Kelley Blue Book named the Silverado 1500 in the top ten vehicles in its Best Resale Value Awards across all segments, and the Silverado contributed to Vincentric naming Chevrolet the Best Value Truck Brand in America.
These awards are largely due to Silverado’s innovative technologies tailored to the way customers use full-size pickups, providing the power, efficiency, refinement and dependability they expect from their trucks, such as:
- EcoTec3 engines that provide class-leading V-8 fuel efficiency and towing capability, without the cost and complexity of turbocharging
- High-strength steel that makes the frames and cabs stronger and lighter, yet can take the pounding of towing, hauling and off-road operation, year after year
- The strategic use of aluminum alloys to reduce the weight of engines, front suspension components, hoods and other parts
- New interiors featuring ample storage, multiple power and USB connections and available high-wear cloth for bench or bucket seats
- Chevrolet MyLink, which provides powerful connectivity for work or family with simple, intuitive controls.
If you’re interested in the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, stop by our Chevy Dealership Serving Elizabeth City
today! We have a large selection of New Chevrolet Silverado Trucks
available for you to drive or maybe you are just looking to gather more information such as colors, models and options. We are here to help you find that safe and reliable vehicle you and your family have been in search of.
Performance Chevrolet is located at 1005 W. Ehringhaus St, Elizabeth City NC. 27944. For more information on Performance Chevrolet, or for any questions call us at (252)338-9100 or visit our websites:www.PerryAutoGroup.com or www.DrivePerry.com.
December 17, 2013
Posted by on
Elizabeth City NC – When it comes to pickup trucks, the usability of the back end is just as important, to Elizabeth City-area owners, as the power under the hood. Customer-focused innovations to the cargo box of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado were designed to make it easier to see, secure and access what’s back there.
“Silverado’s pick-up Box is stronger, more durable and versatile enough to help Elizabeth City-area owners get their toughest jobs done,” said Mike Lilly of Performance Chevrolet.”
Elizabeth City-area owners say they most frequently use their trucks for everyday projects. Two out of three use their truck for hauling. Seasoned truck owners want a pickup that makes loading and securing cargo as simple as possible. Making it easier to climb into the truck bed and retrieve items is a bonus.
“For the real truck buyer, they want a pickup that puts up with their abuse without making any compromises from the back end of the truck,” said Mark Williams of PickupTrucks.com. “The whole point of having a pickup is about solving problems, not creating them.”
From design to functionality, the Silverado pickup box is engineered to be the most innovative cargo box in its segment with these features:
- LED Box Lights – Located in the cargo box, under the side rails, the available lights turn on with the standard overhead box lamp and make it easier to find cargo in the bed, even under a tonneau cover.
- EZ Lift & Lower Tailgate – An internal torsion bar reduces the effort to raise the tailgate while a rotary damper allows for a controlled and more gradual lowering motion when opening it.
- CornerStep Bumper – Unique steps incorporated into the corners of the rear bumper are designed to accommodate work boots and can be used with the tailgate up or down.
- Hand Grip Pockets – Located within the rails, at the rear of the cargo box, they provide easier access into the cargo box and work in tandem with the CornerStep Bumper.
- Removable Upper Tie-Down Hooks – Allow maximum flexibility to secure cargo of varying shapes and sizes and can be placed in several locations around the cargo box.
If you’re ready to enjoy the season’s best pickup truck that is perfect for both work and play, come see us at our Columbia Area Chevrolet Dealer to take the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado for a test drive and check out our New Chevrolet Cars. Perry Auto Group has two dealership locations at 1005 W. Ehringhaus St, Elizabeth City, NC, 27909 or 1001 Halstead Blvd Elizabeth City, NC 27909.
Visit our website: www.perryautogroup.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+